Bryan Weinkle was down from back surgery in 2012, but he is building back stronger than ever as he rides his newly built Niner EMD. Bryan has been kind enough to join the Cape Fear SORBA Officer board mid-way through the year. Bryan is a huge asset to CFSORBA over the years and works closely with new trail layout, grant writing, and trail map publishing.
1. How long have you been riding a mountain bike?
I grew up near Tsali, so I started early. I really got into it late in high school and through college. It wasn’t until around 2008 when I found the Sir Bikes Alot webpage and learned about Blue Clay Bike Park that I got back into it.
2. What/Who launched you to hitting the trails?
A friend of mine who raced motocross started mountain biking as a training regiment. One day he asked me to join him and the rest is history.
3. What do you currently ride? What is your dream ride?
I currently ride a Gary Fisher HiFi 26″ and a Niner EMD9. My dream bike would be a Niner Jet 9 RDO
4. If you had an unlimited budget, where would you take your next bike trip?
I think I’d have to check out Whistler, though I’d try to keep my wheels close to the ground. No big air for me.
5. What do you hope to accomplish while serving on the CFSORBA Leadership Team?
We have accomplished so much. If we keep doing what we are doing, I’ll be happy.