We had a great club meeting this past Thursday at Which Wich- Mayfair. Great to see familiar faces, as well as some of our newest club members like Libor and Helena. A big thanks to Ben Brown at Which Wich who doesn’t mind us invading his space for these meetings. I was able to snap a shot of one very happy customer while chowing down on his “Daddy, Daddy” sandwich (that’s what he kept yelling at the owner he wanted for supper).
Here are some brief highlights of what was discussed at the meeting.
- Brunswick MTB Festival/Brunswick Brawl = Less than ONE month away and things are coming together very nice for this big weekend. If you want to volunteer (parking guides, trail guides, club booth interaction, etc.) on Saturday or offer up some kids bikes for loan for the children’s group rides, please let us know. If you have not registered to race the Brawl on Sunday, please know we have a cap on race registrations. Most of the registrants so far are out of town, so the locals better get signed up fast. You can find all the information you need at our web pages dedicated solely to these festivities. Finally, our promo posters are completed and ready to be handed out around town. If you want to hang a poster in your place of business, please let us know and we will get one to you.
- Coastal Carolina Off Road Series 2013 = Big news! Cape Fear SORBA has officially taken the lead on organizing and implementing of the 2013 CCORS! There was much discussion about adding several new locations and races to the circuit, such as Myrtle Beach and Charleston. We are very excited about this opportunity for our bike club and Barry Wray will be running lead as our club race organizer for CCORS. More details to come for sure!
- CFSORBA/Tombo Road Trips = Thanks to a club member Rod Cartier, owner of Tombo Tours and Transport, we are partnering together for several future bike trips. Some 2-day trips have already been posted on MeetUp, but there are also some 1-day trips in the works. Keep a watch on more details to come!
- Brunswick Nature Park November Time Trial Series = As most of you know, Brad Clark from New Bern, suffered a serious bike injury while working out of town in Charlotte, NC on August 26th. Currently, he is in the spinal hospital and recovery in Atlanta, GA and is making good progress. Cape Fear SORBA will be hosting a November Time Trial Race Series at Brunswick Nature Park where all proceeds go to support his family during this time. Most likely, these races will be held on Saturday afternoons. More details are still to come.
Of course, we chatted about some other items like…
- Who is paying for my injuries from riding the new rock garden?
- Does it matter if the signage reads” Advance” or “Advanced” Trail?
- Will CFSORBA survive with Austin Fenwick moving to Chicago?
- Who saw the black bear cub at BNP? How many snakes have you run over this year?
- What instigated Ben to shave his soul patch and Will to cut back his mop?
- Should Strava be allowed on Wilmington trails?
- Did Armstrong dope? Will Jeremiah Bishop ever come ride our trails?
…but most importantly, we just had fun and grew together as a biking family. And this family is open to you to be an active part. Join the fun!!