Welcome to Cape Fear SORBA’s page on the Coastal Carolina Off-Road Race Series! Below you will find information on the 2012 edition of the series complete with dates and start times. For additional information you can also visit www.ecvelo.org as well.
1/29/12 Wilmington, NC-Brunswick Nature Park (Short Track Race**)
2/26/12 Greenville, NC-Bicycle Post Trail
3/18/12 Havelock, NC-Piranha Pit
4/15/12 Havelock, NC-Piranha Pit
5/6/12 Greenville-Bicycle Post Trail
6/3/12 Wilmington, NC-Blue Clay Bike Park
CURRENT SERIES POINTS TOTALS
DAY OF EVENT DETAILS
**The Short Track Race at the Brunswick Nature Park will feature a different schedule then the rest of the series events.**
|Registration Opens||10:30am||please register at least 15min
before the start of your event
|Kids||11:30am||appx 1mi on right side|
|Expert||12noon||race both sides appx 60min|
|Sport/Singlespeed||1:15pm||race both sides appx 45min|
|2:00pm||race both sides appx 45min|
|2:45pm||race left side only appx 30min|
|Youth/First Timer’s||3:30pm||race left side only appx 30min|
All other events will run according to the following schedule:
- Registration opens at 12 Noon
- Kids race goes off at 1PM
- All other classes start at 2PM in a staggered fashion
|Class||Approximate Distance**||Entry Fee|
|Sport, Sport 40+, Singlespeed||18 Miles||$25|
|Beginner, Beginner 35+, Masters 45+, Women||12 Miles||$25|
|First Timer’s||6 Miles||$10|
|Kids||1 Mile||!! Free !!|
** Race distances are truly approximate and the venue as well as the race type will result in changes to these totals, although the general trends will be carried through.
General Series Information:
- Custom merchandise for all series podium finishers!!
- Additional cash purse for overall series expert riders.
- Categories with less than 3 riders will be combined for race day prizes.
- First Timer podiums get a medal. 1st place in First Timer category results in automatic upgrade for next race to at least Beginner category.
- All kids win medals!!
- All races are rain or shine.
- No racing license required.
Results Based Upgrades:
- Any rider who either won his/her category last year OR won two (or more) races MUST upgrade to a higher category this year.
- Upgrading can include moving to a category that races a longer distance OR moving to a more competitive category at the same distance (i.e. Beginner 35+ to Beginner).
- The goal of this is to encourage fair competition in all classes.
- Note: if you do not podium for any individual race this year you may downgrade next year.
- Any 5-8 riders can make up a team. (Note: Cape Fear SORBA is the DEFENDING SERIES CHAMPION!)
- Each rider can be a member of only one team.
- Teams must be declared by the third race of the season (Greenville, 3/18/12) – email team rosters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The top 5 riders from each team will “place” at each race.
- Team with the most points at the end of the season will win the overall team award.
- The winning team will receive the team trophy for the year along with all requisite bragging rights.
Points System: (same as 2011 system, ALL categories earn the SAME points)
- All categories
1st = 10 points
2nd = 9 points
3rd = 8 points
10th = 1 point
11th = 1 point
- Bonus points
- Riders that attend 5 series races will earn 2 bonus points.
- Riders that attend 6 series races will earn 4 bonus points.
- Bonus points will apply to final point tallies for determining the overall series podiums and prizes.
- Series podiums
- In order to place on the series podium a rider must enter at least 4 races in a given category (you do not need to finish 4 races, i.e. you can DNF and still place, although this is unlikely).
- Best 4 finishes (plus any bonus points) are used to calculate overall series points.
- Overall ties will be resolved based on next best place in 5th race and then (as necessary) by head-to-head race placings.
- Any class that does not have at least 3 riders competing in at least 4 races may be determined ineligible for overall series prizes.
Please remember to thank our generous sponsors for the race series. Shops like Two Wheeler Dealer, Bicycle Post, Atomic Cycles, The Bicycle Gallery, TrySports, The Bicycle Shop, and the Bike Depot make events like these possible and we couldn’t do this without them. Stop by and say THANK YOU to all of them for supporting local racing.